Cannot connect with trakt

Hey, I uninstalled the app few days ago now I reinstall it and I am not able to sync

with trakt. I am a pro user.

1 Like

Looks like the TMDb sync step has some issues. Though syncing with trakt should continue to work.

The TMDb sync step just updates movie info.

This issue should resolve itself in a few hours.

Update: looks like you might be affected by a block on TMDb in India.

See Using the movie section may be broken in India

I have exactly the same issue, but i am a german user. Updated today to latest version. But still sync error from TMdb. Can this be fixed?

SeriesGuide should still sync with trakt, only the TMDb sync step fails (responsible for updating movie details).

Did you try a mobile connection (or a WLAN if you are on one)?

I am using a normal Wifi Connection on Samsung Galaxy S2 Tab connected to german Provider Netcologne via usual FritzBox

OK, it might be possible that the TMDB sync step indicates as failed if one of your movies has been removed from TMDB. Will have a look to not show an error then.

OK, so the TMDB sync step will not fail if a movie has been removed on TMDB. It will only fail if talking to TMDB failed or the device has lost its network connection.

I guess keep trying.

Looking at the logs there are quite a few certificate verification errors. This indicates that either TMDB has some certificates set up incorrectly or that your connection to TMDB is being manipulated.

Check if you are behind a proxy, use a VPN, ad blocker or similar technology.

I just had a chat with customer department of my ISP, it turns out Telecom Regulatory Authority of India has placed a block on this and all ISP’s are complying to it.

Thanks for the info!

Details at Show discover screen and movie section may be broken in India

Hi there. For 2 days now although I’m signed in using my trakt account I’ve been having trouble with the shows I have listed. Shows I’ve watched aren’t getting marked as watched. Also no shows I have in my library are being updated

1 Like

Is there an error displayed on the trakt screen in SeriesGuide?

If not, see https://seriesgui.de/help#trakt for common solutions.

No there is not an error displayed on the trakt screen. And I went to the link you provided unfortunately the solutions didn’t help. It is still not auto-updating. Even when I manually sync my shows it doesn’t update. I have to go into the show and manually click the episode watched. I didn’t have to do that before

1 Like

Did you possibly connect SeriesGuide to Cloud (see Settings)? This will replace trakt sync with Cloud sync.

No I didn’t connect to Seriesguide using Cloud. I’ve never used Cloud. I have a trakt account. I use that. I also wanted to let you know that this all started after the latest Series Guide app update 2 days ago.

1 Like

Hi. I wanted to let you know this started on July 2nd after the app updated. I tried signing into my trakt account/Series Guide today and the following is what came up:

Please let me know what you find out. I really like using this app + hope I can continue to use it. The fact the app isn’t updating/syncing with my account is making using the app difficult

I checked the logs and could find multiple errors regarding trakt episode sync. One on a Galaxy Tab A on 07.07.2019, 17:24:00 (European time). This might be your device type?

It’s a (hopefully temporary) trakt server error that I can’t do anything about.

Details: It failed due to EOFException: source exhausted prematurely. This indicates that the response from the trakt server is not as long as advertised. The trakt server or something in between it and SeriesGuide might have additionally compressed or modified the response.

I’ll investigate further.

Thank you. Also I do have the SYNC/UPDATE: AUTOMATICALLY SYNC & UPDATE CONTENT selected and that’s the primary reason I contacted you. It’s not doing it, I have to go into the show and check off the episodes I’ve watched. (Before the update my shows automatically updated when I would open the app) Again I’ve only had to do this since the July 2nd update.
Thanks

Same here in Ireland. Can’t connect.