Persistent sync problem issue with Trakt

Hi!

Even with Trakt changing 100% to TMDb the problem with some shows still persists, especially animes because Trakt works with seasons and TMDb ranks by total episodes.

the error is: “Can no longer set watched on Trakt

That’s because a certain show is set to a total number of episodes in SeriesGuide while on Trakt it’s for seasons.

When this happens all our watched episodes are unmarked and are left as unseen leaving everything a mess.

I would suggest that when it is not possible to mark on Trakt, the app should leave our watched episodes marked.

Everything indicates that this bug will not be resolved due to the way Trakt and TMDb work differently with some programs, as I specified above and that’s why I made this suggestion.

Thanks.

Thanks! Can you give an example of a show that is affected? Note that Trakt is still in the process of migration, not all shows have switched to TMDB data. You can see the data source Trakt is using on a show page to the bottom left.

Edit: you can also report shows that are not migrated, yet, and require manual intervention (e.g. if episodes are organized differently).

Hi!

Can you give an example of a show that is affected?

for example: Dragon Ball Series (DB original, GT and Super), Saint Seiya.

They are organized by seasons on Trakt and TMDb they are categorized by total number of episodes, when we synchronize on Trakt and mark the error and as it’s been months since you hear the change to TMDb and the problem still persists I think it’s a permanent bug.

Note that Trakt is still in the process of migration, not all shows have switched to TMDB data.

The Trakt page says shows are at 99,958%

So the shows I’ve added must be part of the remaining few percent?

If that’s the case, I was unlucky… :pensive:

you can also report shows that are not migrated, yet, and require manual intervention (e.g. if episodes are organized differently

Where do you do it? on trakt?

Thanks. :+1: