55-beta2 tweaks the show info screen

Notable changes in this beta release:

• :wrench: Refreshed show info layout, more compact ratings display.
  • :wrench: Add remove action if there are no more episodes.
  • :wrench: Drop sometimes misleading subscription expired notification, sometimes it is just a temporary error with Google Play.
  • :hammer: Don’t say sending to Cloud when changing a (Trakt) rating.

View all changes at https://github.com/UweTrottmann/SeriesGuide/blob/dev/CHANGELOG.md.

This beta is only available on the Google Play Beta program. Learn how to join at https://github.com/UweTrottmann/SeriesGuide/wiki/Beta.

Thank you everyone, for testing, translating, giving feedback, sending in bugs or contributing!

I don’t get why “Show” would become "Details "and “Overview” stays the same. This does make no sense to me:

• In the former “Shows” tab you get an overview of the show (= not details). When going to the “Overview” tab you are actually goint to details of the first/next episode from this show (=no overview).

So from my perspective:

• “Show” should stay “Show” and “Overview” should become “Details”
    or
  • “Show” becomes “Overview” and Overview becomes “Details”

Both would make much more sense to me than the change you made.

Thanks. I see it that way: overview includes show network, status, release time and favorite state and the next episode to watch. So an overview of the most important info. Details has all info about the show, incl. description, ratings, actors.

I agree that

should be in in some kind of overarching overview tab of the show. You have deleted this info from the “show” tab and did not change it in the overview tab. Visually this information feels downgraded a lot, compared to where it was before (the font size etc. were right as long this info was an accessory to the details of the next episode). But now, as you state, it is one of the main info points of a shows overview… and yet it has not changed and is still small. In my eyes the focus of the “new overview tab” is clearly the next episode and all the details associated, and not giving an overview. The real overview content of the overview tab is like 10% of the screen.

I find it contradictory to…

… rate a specific episode in the “overview tab” and rate the show as a whole in the “details tab”.

… have the shows poster in the “details tab” and a picture from one specific episode in the “overview tab”

… have the “similar shows” button in the “details tab” and not in the show overview.

… have the shows overall description in the “details tab” and the details of one episode in the show’s “overview” tab

… to have ALL the bottom links in the show’s “overview” tab go directly to that one specific episode that is displayed and the links in the “details” tab to go the whole show (as if it were still the shows overview tab)

I feel this is not thought through at all.

One last thing - this is purely meant as constructive criticism. I love your app and use it daily. I want to bring in my opinion because I care about it and not criticize for the sake of criticism!