56-beta2 with limited support for re-watching

Being able to re-watch an episode or movie has been a long-standing request. This is a limited, first version of this. Let me know how it goes.

Notable changes in this beta release:

• :star2: Limited support for re-watching episodes and movies. When viewing an episode or movie, tap Watched and then Set watched to add another play. To keep things simple, SeriesGuide only keeps a count of plays. This is only available for supporters.

• :memo: When connecting Trakt, multiple plays are not uploaded (as Trakt keeps a watched at time, not sure how to handle this, yet).

• :memo: The JSON backup format now exports plays count for episodes and movies.

• :hammer: Potential fix for Trakt sign-in issues for some users.

• :wrench: Add additional reporting to help diagnose Trakt sign-in issues.

• :wrench: Add option to turn off sending crash and error reports.

• :hammer: Tapping the launcher icon to open the app now always returns to the previous screen.

• :hammer: Display movie info instead of nothing if sending movie action to Trakt fails.

• :memo: Latest translations from crowdin.

View all changes at https://github.com/UweTrottmann/SeriesGuide/blob/dev/CHANGELOG.md.

This beta is only available on the Google Play Beta program. Learn how to join at https://github.com/UweTrottmann/SeriesGuide/wiki/Beta.

Thank you everyone, for testing, translating, giving feedback, sending in bugs or contributing!

1 Like

This is a good start. Will this also keep track of multiple plays if I check in, or only from the watched button?

I do hope you get trakt support working for this in the future. If so, Trakt also has the ability to flag a show as currently rewatching. I have a couple show I’ve marked like this in trakt, but because I’ve seen them before, those shows don’t appear in my “unwatched” section of SeriesGuide. Of course technically that makes sense, but it would be cool to have another filter that displayed shows I’m currently rewatching as well.

Thanks. Check-ins: it should. Once Trakt adds the play it should sync down to SeriesGuide.

Thanks for the pointer about re-watching on Trakt.

1 Like