59-beta1 with small design updates, sort by status

Notable changes in this beta release:

• :wrench: Small design updates. (Edit: the About screen is broken on light theme.)

• :wrench: Sort shows: add new sort by status option. If by oldest, latest or remaining episode do no longer sort by status.

• :wrench: Filter shows: if excluding upcoming, exclude any with future next episode (ignoring upcoming range setting).

• :hammer: If lists Cloud migration fails due to unsaved list, require lists merge.

• :star2: Statistics: add shows finished watching (all episodes watched, show is canceled or ended). Thanks to ippschi!

• :hammer: Statistics: do not count canceled shows as with next episodes.

• :hammer: Fix Chinese, French, Spanish language variants.

View the full change log on GitHub.

This beta is only available on the Google Play Beta program. Learn how to join at Beta · UweTrottmann/SeriesGuide Wiki · GitHub.

Thank you everyone, for testing, translating, giving feedback, sending in bugs or contributing!

Get SeriesGuide from Amazon

Get SeriesGuide from Google Play

Unlock all features and support SeriesGuide

Follow SeriesGuide on Twitter

“If by oldest, latest or remaining episode do no longer sort by status.”

When sorting by oldest episodes, the upcoming episodes are now on the bottom. Is that intended ?

Yeah, this is dreadful, please bring back the previous sort. It was bad enough that “Canceled” got sorted above “Continuing” but at least the next episodes were still at the top.

This change makes no sense.

2 Likes

This is because no next episode is now considered as the oldest. Previously they were considered the newest.

To hide those without next episode, use the unwatched filter.

But I don’t want them hidden, I just want unwatched episodes always at the top with everything else following like before.

I remove series only once - when they end or get cancelled. I don’t need to see those ever again.

2 Likes

Personally I don’t lile this setting. I prefer to have the unwatched episodes on top and all upcoming episodes next. And it is only possible to display upcoming episodes of the next month.

I think we have to go with your decision but this view should be the most used I suppose. And now it is changed quite fundamentally.

This makes no sense. If a show has no episodes and is still in the Continuing status, it very likely has newer episodes that have not yet been announced and is therefore “newer” than other shows on the list.

I think what’s needed are more complex sorting options. Allow us to sort by multiple fields, or at least give the option to change the status sort order when combined with other sort fields.

Another good option would be the ability to save filters and sorting selections. It could function like lists, but they dynamically populate. Call it a “smart list”.

1 Like

I’m going to have to agree with the rest of the posters here. I don’t want continuing with no scheduled episodes on top. I want to see the shows that haven’t ended to check up on their upcoming seasons, but I don’t want them on top. Unwatched should always be at the top of the list for me. My only hidden items are shows that have ended. But as I’ve seen with previous shows, they may have been marked as Ended but have a surprise season. Master of None was a great example.

Advanced sorting or back to the old way, please Uwe.

1 Like

I agree with what the others are saying, but to add on that: I mainly use the widget on my home screen to quickly check my series without actually opening the app. But in the widget there is no option to use any filters.

1 Like

All the nice sort features which makes seriesguide rock are broken.

I can’t sort next episode. Please bring it back

2 Likes

Hm, so nobody seems to be using sort by latest episode?

Thanks for the note about the widget!

I guess I’ll revert the no next episode is considered oldest change.

Sure Latest Episode works but it’s backwards for my preference. I need to see the episodes I have left to watch first.

What I have now is Oldest sort with +Unwatched, +Upcoming, -Hidden

This works, but I still don’t see any shows that don’t have scheduled episodes, as stated above I need to see those too.

Maybe even a leveled sort could still work?

I’ll just say the old way worked and the widget was functional for me. Not so much now. I can live with it, but we’re definitely losing functionality.

3 Likes