Apple TV shows displaying as airing on Saturdays instead of Fridays

This seems to be happening with every Apple TV+ show I watch. Examples are Servant, Schmigadoon, Mythic Quest, The Morning Show, and Foundation. The shows come out on Fridays at midnight Eastern time, but for some reason, Seriesguide lists them as premiering on Saturdays, so they show up incorrectly on the widget and don’t appear in the unwatched filter correctly when they’re available either. Trakt, TMDB, and TVDB all seem to have the correct info. I wonder if it is perhaps interpreting midnight as 24:00 rather than 0:00, causing the app to think of it as the next day perhaps?

EDIT: I noticed 12:00 AM shows on Hulu show the correct date, such as Only Murders in the Building and Animaniacs, so it wouldn’t be related to the midnight time itself.

Thanks for reporting! Actually this is due to a specific exception for US shows that release between midnight and 12:59 PM (or 00:59). The reasoning behind this is that e.g. late night shows are typically listed with the day before they actually release (e.g. Monday’s at 12:30 PM actually is Tuesday 12:30 PM).

There already exist exceptions for some streaming services, like Hulu.

I decided to turn this around with the next update and instead make a positive list of networks as they are less likely to change. Currently added CBS and NBC.

That makes sense, thank you