Error adding Shows

I think we may have another issue between the app and TVDB. Obviously this one isn’t fixable with any of the usual (change language) and cannot share from TVDB to here. Also checked an alternative app and that appears to be working ok. :thinking:

5 Likes

I’m getting the exact same error for last 2 days while adding any of the shows

4 Likes

Same problem here. I can’t add any show.

4 Likes

Same for me, unable to add any series. Additionally still the red cross at tvdb sync option in settings

4 Likes

Probably related to the V3 API changes happening over at TheTVDB… they’ve been busy breaking stuff :frowning:

I’m currently getting 404 errors if I check the debug log when trying to add a show that apparently doesn’t exist (but it did and does :laughing:)…

11-18 20:01:49.6        AddShowTask D Starting to add shows...
  11-18 20:01:49.6        AddShowTask D Getting watched and collected episodes from trakt.
  11-18 20:02:02.1        AddShowTask D Starting to add next show...
  11-18 20:02:02.2   Errors$Companion E getSeries
com.battlelancer.seriesguide.util.ClientError: getSeries: 404 
	at com.battlelancer.seriesguide.thetvdbapi.TvdbTools.getSeries(TvdbTools.java:568)
	at com.battlelancer.seriesguide.thetvdbapi.TvdbTools.downloadAndParseShow(TvdbTools.java:487)
	at com.battlelancer.seriesguide.thetvdbapi.TvdbTools.getShowDetails(TvdbTools.java:414)
	at com.battlelancer.seriesguide.thetvdbapi.TvdbTools.getShowDetailsWithHexagon(TvdbTools.java:381)
	at com.battlelancer.seriesguide.thetvdbapi.TvdbTools.addShow(TvdbTools.java:147)
	at com.battlelancer.seriesguide.ui.search.AddShowTask.doInBackground(AddShowTask.java:206)
	at com.battlelancer.seriesguide.ui.search.AddShowTask.doInBackground(AddShowTask.java:39)
	at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:333)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1162)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:636)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:764)

11-18 20:02:02.3        AddShowTask E Adding show failed
com.battlelancer.seriesguide.thetvdbapi.TvdbException: getSeries: 404 
	at com.battlelancer.seriesguide.util.Errors$Companion.throwAndReportIfNotSuccessfulTvdb(Errors.kt:155)
	at com.battlelancer.seriesguide.util.Errors.throwAndReportIfNotSuccessfulTvdb(Unknown Source:2)
	at com.battlelancer.seriesguide.thetvdbapi.TvdbTools.getSeries(TvdbTools.java:568)
	at com.battlelancer.seriesguide.thetvdbapi.TvdbTools.downloadAndParseShow(TvdbTools.java:487)
	at com.battlelancer.seriesguide.thetvdbapi.TvdbTools.getShowDetails(TvdbTools.java:414)
	at com.battlelancer.seriesguide.thetvdbapi.TvdbTools.getShowDetailsWithHexagon(TvdbTools.java:381)
	at com.battlelancer.seriesguide.thetvdbapi.TvdbTools.addShow(TvdbTools.java:147)
	at com.battlelancer.seriesguide.ui.search.AddShowTask.doInBackground(AddShowTask.java:206)
	at com.battlelancer.seriesguide.ui.search.AddShowTask.doInBackground(AddShowTask.java:39)
	at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:333)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1162)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:636)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:764)

11-18 20:02:02.3        AddShowTask D Finished adding show. (Result code: 4)
  11-18 20:02:02.3        AddShowTask D Finished adding shows.
1 Like

I’m having the same issue.

Thanks for the reports, especially @pfeerick for the debug logs! This appears to have been resolved for other users. Is this still an issue?

Collected this issue and its status in an overview post: [TheTVDB] Issues with missing episodes, images, adding shows

2 Likes

I’m still currently observing this. Can’t add Batwoman, for example. Same error.

2 Likes

Does switching the search language to English work?

Yes, that worked. Thanks!

1 Like

Had the same issue, but it is working now and I did not have to make any changes on my end.

Still not working here (tested with Murdoch Mysteries). Rick and Morty worked though. (Searching in English here).

So some shows work, some are still broken.

11-20 16:16:03.6        AddShowTask D Starting to add shows...
  11-20 16:16:03.6        AddShowTask D Getting watched and collected episodes from trakt.
  11-20 16:16:03.9        AddShowTask D Starting to add next show...
  11-20 16:16:03.9   Errors$Companion E getSeries
com.battlelancer.seriesguide.util.ClientError: getSeries: 404 
	at android.os.AsyncTask$3.call(AsyncTask.java:378)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:919)

11-20 16:16:03.9        AddShowTask E Adding show failed
com.battlelancer.seriesguide.thetvdbapi.TvdbException: getSeries: 404 
	at com.battlelancer.seriesguide.util.Errors$Companion.throwAndReportIfNotSuccessfulTvdb(Errors.kt:155)
	at com.battlelancer.seriesguide.util.Errors.throwAndReportIfNotSuccessfulTvdb(Unknown Source:2)
	at android.os.AsyncTask$3.call(AsyncTask.java:378)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:919)

11-20 16:16:03.9        AddShowTask D Finished adding show. (Result code: 4)
  11-20 16:16:03.9        AddShowTask D Finished adding shows.
1 Like

I saw that post, thanks for the update! :slight_smile:

I was able add (re-add, actually - I have changed devices since I was watching it last) the show I was having trouble with last night (Krypton), and shows which had lost artwork recovered it when I went into them, so it looks like things are starting to settle back down at last.

I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue with Murdoch Mysteries mentioned above… it added fine for me… although it was a bit slow in doing so.

2 Likes

Ran into this issue with The Crown. Had removed it for misbehaving and couldn’t re-add it. Clearing the app cache fixed that for me.