How to sync lists via seriesguide cloud to my wife?

Hi, I want to sync lists with the device of my wife. Purchased Premium for every device.

Unfortunately we could only add each own Google account for seriesguide cloud (with Trakt no problems). We don’t want to add our entire Google account on the other device.

How can we sync? Thanks for help.

Welcome! Currently lists can only be synced with SeriesGuide Cloud. And yes, you need to use the same Google account on each device.

Edit: if you don’t mind manual work, you can use the backup tool in settings: https://seriesgui.de/help#backup

1 Like

Thanks for reply.

It’s not a good idea to have to create a complete Google account on other devices to use an app across devices.

Why should I have access to my wife’s entire Google account? And vice versa?

Can’t you just offer a normal login with username and password for the Seriesguide cloud? This would be great.

1 Like

Not right now, but I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Thanks. I’m looking forward.

Meanwhile I tried Moviebase as alternative, there does it work as I need.

While not a perfect solution, one could also create a separate Google account just for SeriesGuide.

But I’m happy you found an app that works for you!

Thanks again for reply!

A separate Google account is also quite an effort to synchronize some data for a single app.

On the other hand, I could also synchronize to my own storage via WebDAV if the app would allow it.

And yes, synchronization on Moviebase works very well with username and password. However, I’d rather use Seriesguide in the future.

Hi Uwe, Please consider using a different login method so the app can be used by couples or families who want to share lists. I have messaged with you before, and have tried the workarounds you suggested, including creating a separate Google account, but I was unable to log into SeriesGuide Cloud on the second device.

The app is otherwise great. But you are missing a large segment of people who want to watch TV with, you know, another human being.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve, thanks. I looked around a bit and it might be possible to switch to Firebase Sign-In, which next to Sign-In with Google, allows classic email + password sign-in. No promises, and I’m busy right now with migrating from TheTVDB to TMDb, but I’ll look into it.

1 Like