Rewatching a show

First of all, thank you for the already great app. :smiley:

I started watching a show again and noticed that after I rewatched the first episode, on the series-tab the show is still shown as completed. Technically that’s true, but every time I watch the next episode, I have to manually go to the episode. A feature like “rewatch this show” would be great, where it’s like you watch it for the first time (but it just ads the 2nd (…) plays to trakt).
(I hope someone understands what I mean. xD)

Thanks.

4 Likes

Welcome! Yes, re-watch support is still very limited and I hope to improve it in the future.

2 Likes

I’d like to add another request for improved rewatch support for series. Manually having to keep track of where you are during a rewatch is challenging.

@mattavius That should not be necessary already, e.g. if you watch an episode again SeriesGuide should suggest one released afterwards watched less times. Or what do you mean?

Maybe I don’t know what I’m doing which is entirely possible but each series just shows that I’ve watched the entire series so I have to remember where I am on a rewatch. I don’t see any visual indicator to tell me where I’ve left off. My thought was having it show x of y episodes rewatched but if I knew how it would recommend the next episode that would probably do the trick. I’m attaching what I see on a show I’m currently in progress rewatching.

@mattavius Thanks for the screenshots. So this is after you went to a specific episode and marked is as watched (again)?

Yes I go and check in. It will show that I’ve watched that episode twice or however many times I’ve watched it but there is no indication from the series page where I’m currently at. I have to keep track or where I last watched or go to my history and look it up if it’s been recent.

Ah, my guess is that it currently only works when using “Set watched”. E.g. it does not work when using “Check in”.

On mine “Set Watched” is a check box so since I’ve already watched the episode it only lets me unmark it as watched.

This was where I was going with my initial request. Like a way to set an entire season or series back to an “unwatched” status (more like a rewatch status) even though it knows you’ve watched it before but it tracks that you’re on your second rewatch through or something like that.

It’s obviously a great app and a minor inconvenience, just something I wanted to point out.

Thanks for the responses!