Widgets not working on Chromecast with Google TV Os 12

I have a Chromecast with Google TV and the widget for seriesguide won’t add to the home screen but all other widgets work. Seriesguide is in the list to add.

Tv Os 12
Chromecast with Google TV (4k)

SeriesGuide is not officially supported on Google TV, that’s probably why the widget does not work.

1 Like

Could you do some tv work and make it officially work on it. I’ll be happy to help test.

It shows up in widget list and it use to add and it followed dark mode so I don’t think there is much work to be done hopefully. It just won’t do anything after clicking on it from widget list just heads back to my launcher home screen.

Sorry, at this point I really would like to spend my time on other things. Especially as this will add yet another thing to maintain. And with Google’s history of abandoning products I’d rather not put in the work at this time.

1 Like

Could you Please fix / have a look at widgets. :pray:

It won’t load settings page to add to home screen like it did. But it shows in the Google widgets page.

Sorry, I don’t have a test device so I’m not sure how to figure out what’s wrong.

Has this started since a specific update?

Android 12.
I can help you test

When you go to widgets picking it’s there and when you select it that’s all that happens and will go back to home screen. Before it use to load a set up page and let you save your opinion for that widget.

I’ll take photos if you like

This page will not show up anymore on tv when it used to

It’s still working as intended on non-TV devices, so Google must have changed something that broke it? Based on the developer documentation I can’t see any special requirements, but it also does not say that app widgets are even officially supported on TV.

I also tried to run SeriesGuide on the Android TV emulator that Google provides and it does not even show up in the apps menu. I also don’t see any option to add widgets. I guess you are running some custom home screen software?

No custom rom
I use wolf launcher for no ads and spam they want to make people see with ADB command that enables them all other widgets are working fine. I got 55c from Aptoide of SG and this page works only newer copy’s don’t have this menu show up.

Also could you add SG to tv google playstore please with the key app. Would make it so much easier for me to get to test.